Competency Interview Guides
Conduct Structured Behavioral-Event Interviews
The competency interview guides provide an easy-to-follow format for structured, behavioral-based interviews. Each guide, with specific questions related to each of the thirty-five competencies in Workitect’s competency dictionary, makes it easy for a hiring manager or interviewer to collect behavioral examples about a candidate’s relevant work experiences and accomplishments.
Review The Guide
Each printed copy is shipped in 3-ring binder
The Competency Interview Guides Provide:
- Specific questions and probes for each competency,
- Specific, high-quality behavioral data describing what superior performers do to achieve superior results,
- Surfacing of non-obvious effective behaviors that job incumbents and their bosses may be unaware of or unable to articulate,
- Strong evidence for a competency model’s validity – evidence that is especially important if the model will be used for external selection
The Guides Are For Hiring Managers And HR Professionals
The Structured Event Interview is a simplified type of Behavioral Event Interview, developed by Workitect to provide many of the benefits of a Behavioral Event Interview, while significantly reducing the time and cost required to conduct and analyze the interview.
License For Organizational-Wide Use
- Personalize and customize interviewing content
- Enhance their interviewing application by adding unique criteria
- Uniquely brand interviewing guides
- Reorganize interviewing guide templates
Organizations With A License To Use The Guides
These Organizations Have Acquired Intellectual Property Licenses That Have Enabled Them To Provide Customized Guides For Hiring Managers And Interviewers Throughout Their Organization. The Competency Dictionary Has Also Enabled Them To Build Job Competency Models And Competency-Based HR And Talent Management Applications.
Bob Barker Company
Blue Cross Blue Shield of AL
Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA
State of California
Central Bank of Belize
Central Pacific Bank
Chicago Transit Authority
The Dairy Farm Company Ltd. (Hong Kong)
ENSTAR Natural Gas
First Commonwealth Financial
General Board of Pension and Health Benefits
Gulf Investment Corporation (Kuwait)
International Capital Trading LLC
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
KIK Custom Products
City of Las Vegas
Legal and General America
Legumex Walker Canada
Mary Kay Inc.
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC
Meat & Livestock Australia Limited
Diocese of Metuchen (NJ)
Missouri Employees Mutual
Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries
Otter Tail Corporation
Pension Benefit and Guarantee Corporation
Phoenix Contact, Inc.
St. Johns River Water Management District
S&C Electric Company
S&D Coffee & Tea, Inc.
Security Finance Corporation
Charles Schwab Corporation
Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago
Volume 9, Inc.
Western Health Advantage
City of West Palm Beach
Yoco Technologies (South Africa)
Also Available: Interviewing For Competencies Workshop
A one-day workshop to help participants:
- Use a Job Competency Model, position description, or a Competency Selector to determine which competencies to assess in selection interviews.
- Conduct a Structured Behavioral-Event Interview using a Competency Interview Guide.
- Deal with problems encountered when interviewing.
- Score the interview for competencies.
- Compare candidates and make a selection decision.
What Our Customers Say
“These programs teach you valuable information that will benefit your entire HR process from recruiting, performance management, and succession planning.”
“Brilliant programs with an unimaginable amount of resources.”