We help organizations develop competency frameworks, models, and applications that connect human resource strategies with business strategies. Each of our consultants has at least thirty years of experience in competency-based human resources, talent management, organization development, instructional design, and leadership development.
Review examples of our demonstrated capabilities
Consulting Projects Completed
Our consultants have successfully completed projects for a variety of small, medium, and large-size global organizations, in the public and private sector, focusing on competency models and applications for management, professional, and technical positions.
View examples of completed projects
Competency Implementation Support
The manner in which you introduce and implement the concept of competencies within your organization will determine the effectiveness of your efforts. Installing competency models should be viewed as an organizational change initiative requiring deliberate actions to influence and get buy-in from the organization’s managers as well as incumbents in the positions impacted.
A Workitect consultant will work with you to develop an implementation strategy and plan based upon the needs of your organization. The plan would address areas such as:
- Creating the business case for competency modeling in your organization.
- Identifying the first position(s) for which models will be developed.
- Identifying stakeholders in the initial models and a plan for influencing each
- Establishing a communications plan to support the development of competencies for the initial positions selected and for implementing competencies within the organization.
- Determining the data gathering approaches to use for the first positions selected, including identifying who should be involved in each of the various activities.
- Ongoing coaching as you progress through the steps in developing your first models.
This support will amount to one or more days of consulting from our staff. The exact nature and cost for the work will be determined and presented to you for approval before any action is taken.
Quick-Start Competency-Modeling using Job Analysis interviews and Resource Panels
Many organizations are finding it difficult to launch a competency-modeling project, often due to a lack of time, staff, or budget. To help these organizations, we have taken material from our Competency Modeling workshop and developed a program to enable a competency dictionary licensee to build basic competency models using focus group resource panels (aka expert panels), supplemented with job task analysis interviews. Includes model templates for 12 jobs. Requires a Workitecive Competency Dictionary license. More Details
Job Competency Profiling using Virtual Resource PaneIs
This is web-based survey process for collecting information about job requirements and potential competencies. The survey contains both open-ended comment questions and quantitative ratings for collecting information about what a job requires. A set of 6-20 jobholders, managers of jobholders and other persons who are familiar with the job complete the survey. Workitect administers the survey, analyzes the responses, and prepares a detailed report that includes a draft competency model. Requires a Workitect Competency Dictionary license.
Sample Report | More Details
Launching a Project: Conceptualizing the Approach
The first key step in a consulting project is to decide if and how a project should go forward. It is step 1 in our 6-step process as taught in our Building Competency Models workshop. It includes:
- Thinking through the need
- Clarifying the need through discussions with the sponsor and other key
- Developing an approach
- Gaining the sponsor’s support for the approach