- About Us
Develop competency frameworks, models, and applications that connect human resource strategies with business strategies.
Learn how to build your own job competency models and applications. Attend our popular 3-day workshop, accredited by SHRM and HRCI.
Building Competency Models
July 14-16, Washington, DC
October 7-9, Chicago
By levels of proficiency and job role, in a format than can be easily customized
No annual renewal fees.
Competency Development Guide
280-page.8.5"x11" sprial bound handbook with forms, tips and resources.
DEVELOP COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
Take advantage of the original job competence assessment methodology developed by
Dr. David McClelland and McBer/Hay.
Benefits for Individuals and Organizations
- Staffing - people with the right capabilities to help your organization gain competitive advantage are hired, placed and promoted.
- Training and Development – gaps in each employee's capabilities are identified, so these gaps can be remedied. Individuals are provided with detailed road maps for increasing their capabilities incrementally.
- Performance Management - competencies and results are assessed side by side, reminding employees that how they do things is as important as what they do.
- Compensation - both competencies and results impact base pay decisions to reward performance and competency development.
- Practical & User-Friendly - our services and products have been tested and applied in the real world; easily used by employees at all levels.
- Ultra flexible– our tools and resources, including a competency dictionary, interview guides, development guides, and on-site workshops, can be customized to your unique needs.
- Expert support - with Workitect, you get the expertise of consultants who have at least 25 years of experience in job competency modeling, competency- based talent management, and organization and leadership development.
- Validated methodology - take advantage of the original job competence assessment methodology developed by Dr. David McClelland and McBer/Hay.
The Workitect Newsletter
Get valuable news, insights and practical knowledge sent to you every month. Workitect Blueprints keeps you informed about key issues facing today’s organizations—from producing superior leaders to creating superior organizations.
What Customers Say"Workitect brought a significant amount of practical expertise in Competency Model design to the table. This helped us decide on what the best approach would be early into the project, given our particular corporate culture and context. Workitect was able to present alternatives that felt right for us, without feeling like we were getting ‘off the shelf’ products."
Ruben Decoud, Mary Kay Inc“We were able to develop, launch, and integrate a competency model into our performance management program within a period of one year. We can now talk ‘competencies’ and everyone has a standard dictionary to reference.”
Gail Arlegui, Air Canada“In an environment where everyone is quick to tell you the value of competency models, Workitect is one of the few organizations that actually teach a repeatable process for building customized models.”
Shannon Johnson, Blue Cross Blue Shield"My organization uses the Workitect methodology for writing competency models because it's structured enough to give us direction, but the many tools provided also allow for flexibility. The models we designed using the Workitect approach helped our company revamp our entire performance development process. "
Mary Kay LaBrie, SCC Soft Computer
Workshops & Events
Products & Licenses
Resources & Support
Telephone: 800. 870. 9490
954. 938. 5370
Fax: 954. 938. 5025
Leading management consulting firm specializing in competency-based talent management and development.