Building Competency Models
(Modified version of 3-day live workshop)
Participation limited to Organizations with a Workitect Competency Dictionary License
How and When the Workshop will be Conducted
- Each session will be held using Zoom conferencing on Tuesdays and Fridays from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT.
- Between each session, there will be 1-2 hours of readings, exercises, and assessments to complete.
- Materials will include the full 3-day workshop workbook, contents of the Quick-Start Competency Modeling program, various Powerpoints, and additional handouts and forms.
- Sessions will be recorded and accessible to participants.
- More details about the program content and benefits of attending can be found on the Building and Implementing Competency Models web page
Workitect’s Six-Step Building Competency Models Process
Pre-Workshop Planning & Orientation
January 5, 2021
- Review objectives and content of program
- Discuss participant’s needs and expectation
- Consider possible adjustment of program schedule
- Determine ground rules for sessions.
Session 1 – Conceptualizing the Project (Step 1)
January 12, 2021
- Thinking through the business need
- Clarifying the need with the sponsor
- Developing an approach
- Gaining the sponsors support for the approach
- Three approaches to competency model building
- Best practices in competency modeling
Session 2 – Project Planning (Step 2)
January 15, 2021
- Stakeholder analysis
- Structure of the project plan
- Planning Worksheet
Session 3 – Data Collection (Step 3)
January 19, 2021
- Data collection tasks
- Criteria for Good Model – Job Assessment Process
- Primary data collection methods
- Secondary data collection methods
- Complete data gathering exercises
- General approach for analyzing data
Session 4 – Data Analysis and Coding (Step 4)
January 22, 2021
- Analyzing data from job analysis interviews
- Analyzing data from structured event interviews
- Integrate data from all sources
- Target data exercise
- Coding Exercise
- Analyzing data from resource panels
Session 5 – Building the Competency Model (Step 5)
January 26, 2021
- Select a set of competencies
- Create behavioral indicators
- Identify clusters
- Prepare draft of model
- Review with sponsors
Session 6 – Developing Applications (Step 6)
January 29, 2021
- Professional Development and Training
- Performance Management
- Succession Planning
- Discussion on specific applications
Session 7 – Individual Consulting Assistance
To Be Scheduled
In separate meetings, each participant (or project team) reviews their planned project, implementation plan, challenges, issues, etc. and receives consulting help from Workitect consultant.
Vice President, Consulting and lead instructor for the highly-rated Building Competency Models workshop.
He has thirty-five years of experience in leadership and executive development, training, human resources, and organization development. Formerly, held senior leadership positions with Ryder System, Inc. (Group Director-Organization Effectiveness and Human Resource Development), Pabst Brewing Company and Ryan Homes, Inc. He has extensive experience in developing competency-based performance management, selection, assessment and management development processes. Master’s Degree in Management from the University of Southern California and Bachelor’s
$800 for each participant from an organization with a Workitect Competency Dictionary license.
Pre-Workshop Orientation January 5, 2021
Session 1 – Conceptualizing the Project January 12, 2021
Session 2 – Project Planning January 15, 2021
Session 3 – Data Collection January 19, 2021
Session 4 – Data Analysis and Coding January 22, 2021
Session 5 – Building the Competency Model January 26, 2021
Session 6 – Developing Applications January 29, 2021
Session 7 – Individual Consulting Assistance To Be Scheduled
Contact Ed Cripe at email@example.com or 800-870-9490
For additional information, call 800-870-9490, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the contact form at Workitect.
©️2020, Workitect, Inc.